Archive: Ke slávě a chvále | 1000 let duchovní kultury na Moravě
Glory and Praise | 1000 Years of Spiritual Culture in Moravia
Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc
Permanent exhibition of the Archdiocesan Museum is compiled into two main areas, the first of which, called Art in Olomouc diocese is designed chronologically and includes all artistic disciplines (architectural fragments, painting, sculpture, decorative arts - goldsmith's work with textiles, etc..).
Beginning depends on Romanesque art and activities of Bishop Henry Zdíka (1126-1150), through the presentation of early Gothic monuments, art High Gothic era Luxembourg s its culmination in a beautiful style. The late Gothic work introduces the effects of Dutch realism and monumental art of the 16th century, as well as a specific form of historicism of the 17th century building on the tradition of Gothic. From the Art Mannerism exposure to early passes, senior and late Baroque and the end of the 18th century.
The tour while also Romanesque Bishop's Palace (formerly known as Premysl Palace), which is however only open during the summer tourist season (the first 5 to 31 on the 10th). The most important Romanesque building palatial monument in the Czech lands, which for centuries have fallen into oblivion, was "discovered" in 1867 during the repair of the cathedral of St.. Wenceslas. The common name Premysl Palace was created because of the assumption that it was the seat of the Olomouc princes of the Premysl dynasty. In 1962 the Romanesque palace was declared a national monument and in 1995 was declared a national monument entire Přemyslovský former castle, which includes the Dom hill district s the metropolitan cathedral, Romanesque bishop's palace, the Chapter deanery and other buildings. The existing archaeological, historical and art historical research withstand the amount of knowledge, from which it follows that the Romanesque palace was just before the mid-12th century during the episcopate of Bishop Henry Zdíka (about 1080-1150), who completed the construction of church. Wenceslas and in his neighborhood was built representative seat. To this day, however, after a series of fires only surviving fragment of the original building.
In the next exposure circuit Olomouc Archdiocesan Museum Olomouc bishops entitled Collectibles presents a pictorial collection including major works by Italian, Dutch and Central European origin. The origin of the collection dates back to the 17th century and represents one of the finest collections of old Central European painting. Next page archbishop suggest collecting files ivory carvings and numismatic monuments.
The exhibition is supplemented follow-up thematic units. Special facilities Cabinet textiles and Treasury vaults represent a unique selection of liturgical textiles and jewelery items from Gothic to Baroque. Archaeological findings underpin nearly six thousand years of settlement Olomouc and Moravian value of the site in the future. The performance is also very archbishopric institutions, personalities of individual bishops and archbishops as important initiators of cultural activities throughout the diocese.
A special place is also devoted an important chapter of musical history diocese s emphasis on the patronage of the Olomouc bishops and archbishops. The chapel of St.. Barbara acquainted through liturgical objects with the principles of liturgical practice and its symbolic language in the context of the church year.
The permanent exhibition is built as a partially variable so that gradually represented the artistic heritage of the Archdiocese of the widest angle.